Thursday, April 5, 2007

Greetings everyone, I am sorry that the update comes so late, we had technical difficulties with our blog site. Today is April 5th, and we are rejoicing in the goodness of God. Whether we experience His goodness or not, should not determine our rejoicing in Him, although this journey has been long and the enduring teaching us many things about our Savior, we are agreeing with the text that says, "everything that is good and perfect, comes down from the Father of lights, with whom there is no variation or shadow of turning." You our brothers and sisters in the faith have been so untiringly faithful to pray without ceasing, and that my friends swings the pendulum, that is a love language unmatched and we are blessed for your faithfulness.
Jennifer's surgery was a 95% success in removal of all the masses that Doctor Thompson, Dr. Finnan, and assistants were after. I have to tell you that before the anesthesiologist put her to sleep, she grabbed his hand and the scrub nurse hand, and lifted them to our Lord, the woman is always considering others. The surgery took approximately six hours.
The location of tumors that were removed were all around the liver, bladder, and stomach. There was a large mass pushing against the spleen, and a large mass in between the kidney and ureter. The peritoneum which is the lining of the stomach that surrounds all the organs, was removed from the rear of the stomach all the way forward to the pelvis area. This was a big deal because she will have to rebuild a new peritoneum and will be very sore for a long time.
I do believe that they will put Jennifer in a room today, she is recovering very fast, in which is another praise. I do know that she did not sleep last night, so pray that she will find rest today. The medical oncologist Dr. Beeker says that "He wants to think out of the box, and begin her on an oral medication when she gets to that stage". He believes that because we (God) has eradicated so much bulk of cancer that this will help with the remainder...
I want to finish out by saying that, "words are non-existent, as a means to express my gratitude for your kinship, so it's my goal to greet you with Holy kisses and hugs. So get ready, and pucker up.... We Love You all.
One last update, Thank you all involved in serving my children through this, they are doing great, and our prayer was that they would get to see the hand of God through this, and they most certainly have. Thank you for making meals and keeping us energized, what a blessing you have been at the end of a very tiring day...
Praise God for the Family of God, I do not know how some endure without the outstretched arms of the Father and His children... Your eternal Servant

Kevin.

4 comments:

Janie said...

Our dear brother is Christ I always laugh when you and Jen are thanking those who love you and your children. We are the blessed ones. We will continue to pray for healing and rejoice in the favor our Lord granted us to have a positive outcome to this complex surgery. Thank you for letting us be a part of this journey and having your children at BSC.

Hope Foley said...

Jen and Kevin,
You know we think of you often, and as I read your words here, I began to weep. God is so good tous. Ivee had her MRI today, and we should hear something tomorrow. I'll blog when I get the info. Know that I think of you often, and if I can do anything with the kids let me know. My kids love them, and they can come over anytime (as long as Ivee's labs are good, etc. you of all people know the drill) We love you, and are expecting above and beyond what the world expects, cause we know who our Healer is! We love you. Hope and Emmett

Dottie said...

Kevin,
Please tell Jennifer that I can't wait to meet at Nicole's house to make Dim Sum again.....those memories are precious to me and I look forward to making more great memories with her.

I love you both.

Dottie

Teresa Persons said...

PRAISE GOD! We are still reeling from the news. I think it's taken a couple of days to really sink in. I truly believe God is going to heal our sweet Jenn.

I know the road has been so difficult and I'm sure there will be bumpy days ahead but be assured our Father, who loves us all beyond our mere mortal comprehension, is totally in control. His plan is ALWAYS best.

We love you all!
Reesie (Teresa), Milton and Mikayla Persons